Monday, March 22, 2010

Misplaced Trust


Misplaced Trust

John 21:15-17 NIV
15 When they had finished eating, Jesus said to Simon Peter, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me more than these?"
"Yes, Lord," he said, "you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my lambs."
16 Again Jesus said, "Simon son of John, do you truly love me?"
He answered, "Yes, Lord, you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Take care of my sheep."
17 The third time he said to him, "Simon son of John, do you love me?"
Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, "Do you love me?" He said, "Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you."
Jesus said, "Feed my sheep."

Act 20:28-30 NIV
28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers. Be shepherds of the church of God, which he bought with his own blood. 29 I know that after I leave, savage wolves will come in among you and will not spare the flock. 30 Even from your own number men will arise and distort the truth in order to draw away disciples after them.

1 Cor 6:18 NIV
18 Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body.

======= o ======= ======= o ======= ======= o =======

When I was a child, a priest was someone
you looked up to and respected.
I really felt inadequate, thinking he knew my sins.
He represented Jesus in Confession and Communion.
No one usually questioned his authority
even on non-religious matters.
Still, at such an impressionable age,
I find it hard to believe that I would've
done an unmentionable act at a priest's bidding.
Then, I respected my body above all else
and would never have acquiesced to a lewd act.
These thousands of paedophile victims differ
in their unfortunate stories but I ask...
why didn't they tell their parents?
I can't believe that their respect for the Church
overrode the welfare of their children.
Now, in 2010, most of the parents are dead
and the children are well into maturity.
The victims' cry for justice has been long in coming.
High ranking Church officials will have to fess up their part
in the cover-up of these despicable crimes.
In the end, it's a Higher Authority they'll have to answer to.

Truth Seeker